- Department: Mat Line
- Job Status: Active
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Reports To: Floyd Plant Manager
- Amount of Travel Required: None
- Positions Supervised: None
The Mat Line Assembler performs all of the positions for the mat assembly line. This individual should perform mat layout, bolt insertion, and tighten and break bolts as well as install the chain. He or she should work with team members to safely and effectively manufacture a quality product and be willing to help out in other areas of the milling process, as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Perform each position on the mat assembly line.
- Perform may layout, including fork truck operation and board positioning in the jig.
- Perform bolt insertion.
- Tighten and break bolts as well as install the chain.
- Work with team members to safely and effectively manufacture a quality product.
- Maintain ability and willingness to help in other areas of the milling process, as needed.
- Work on other assembly or production lines.
- Clean up at the end of the day/week.
- Perform general maintenance.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented – Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: High School Diploma, or GED Equivalent.
- Experience: N/A
- Computer Skills: Ability to efficiently operate shop software and communication systems
- Certifications & Licenses: N/A
Other Requirements: Ability to lift and handle up to 80lb boards, repetitively. Ability to bend over and lay on the creeper frequently.
N (Not Applicable) – Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) – Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) – Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) – Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
- Stand F
- Walk F
- Sit O
- Manually Manipulate C
- Reach Outward C
- Reach Above Shoulder F
- Climb F
- Crawl F
- Squat or Kneel C
- Bend C
- Grasp C
- Speak O
- 10 lbs or less C
- 11-20 lbs C
- 21-50 lbs C
- 51-100 lbs C
- Over 100 F
- 12 lbs or less C
- 13-25 lbs C
- 26-40 lbs C
- 41-100 lbs C
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
- Sense of Sound – telephone, conversation, in person, etc.
- Sense of Touch
- Sense of Balance
Non-Climate Controlled Plant